We believe that the best companies strive to keep their brands relevant. We exist to help businesses transform their brands through strategy and design. Done well, your brand will break through the noise with a point of view that's simple and memorable.
Our core competence is brand strategy
After a project kick off, to assess the landscape we perform a series of stakeholder interviews, a competitive audit, primary research and distill this content into a workshop where we present our findings and discuss recommendations.
Using input from our workshop presentation, we synthesize the distinct choices to be made which will solidify the market facing point of view for your brand. This culminates in a brand purpose and positioning statement and implications.
Once we've nailed the brand strategy, we solidify the voice and messaging. Once the brand foundations are built, we can begin implementation: e.g., we start by developing the design brief(s) for the different creative work streams to follow, such as naming, logo and visual identity, user experience, web design, etc.
"Remember, strategy is a choice. Failing to make choices, or making everything a priority, is not a strategy.”
- A.G. Lafley, former CEO of Procter & Gamble
Some specific goals that brand strategy can help achieve across industries:
Luxury, Beauty + Consumer Packaged Goods
- Create the collection of principles, behaviors, values, and beliefs that represent the brand image (and frankly, in today's world what should be the reality) of what the brand provides
- Craft a story that articulates key benefits and proof points that are most compelling
- Define the target consumer - who they are, how to reach them, what they want
- Create an image that consumers want for themselves
- Carve out a differentiated position (because every brand claims to be the leader)
- Pinpoint how to look and sound different to stand out from the competition
- Determine how to flex the brand voice and navigate social media to be true to the brand (i.e. without co-opting off-brand language) but still appear relevant
- Streamline the sales process and pitch language
- Create a powerful content strategy to drive inbound marketing leads
- Improve corporate culture
Retail, Hospitality or Restaurants
- Understand changing guest habits and needs to improve the guest experience
- Help determine and address any gaps between how employees experience the brand and how the brand is marketed (because if they are different, it can cause trouble)
- Develop relevant and brand-enhancing ways to increase ticket spend and visit frequency
- Build confidence and consistency
- Articulate an appealing investment philosophy
- Better align social investments with personal values
- Manage external perceptions
- Attract strong employee/ambassadors
- Build trust and credibility with every audience
- Articulate a compelling philosophy to inspire fundraising
- Ensure brand adherence across extended team members and volunteers
- Attract top talent, members and volunteers